With a background in Sociology and Women’s Studies and travels to 35 countries, the creator of this site, Mojo Mustapha has observed, how sexual dysfunctions in society affects the world.
Though he was born a Muslim, Mojo saw firsthand, the way Islam punishes women who dare to be different when it comes to her sexuality. Islam has harsh sanctions on a woman for exploring her sexuality outside of marriage compared to men who have much more freedom.
Mojo’s travels and education gave him inspiration, ideas, and insight to make a difference in the world but also to have fun!
In May 2018, the Kilauea volcanic eruption destroyed the Hedonisia community. The property is now covered in 75 to 150 feet of lava rock.
After the loss of his community, Mojo moved to Portland, OR where he created an apartment based ‘Micro-Community‘. He now lives there while he manages the Crowdfund to return and rebuild Hedonisia Hawaii.
Mojo developed SapioSexual Solutions at Hedonisia. The volcano destroying the community ironically now gives him the time to bring these discussions out into Portland and the broader world.
We began this group as part of Sex Positive Portland, where we continue to host discussion groups. We discovered that many ordinary people like to talk intellectually about sex in a way that is educational, consensual, polite, safe, fun and social.
As a result, we started this discussion group as a separate meetup, open to the public!
Mojo in his own words!
During my travels, I’ve always looked for places where I truly feel at home. I like people who are a bit kooky, liberal, sexy, idealistic and quirky. Portland is that place. It’s like Amsterdam, Berlin or Copenhagen cities that also have that also have that ‘edgy’ vibe!
Portlandia is a show that affectionately pokes fun into the reasons this loveable town is so different from other cities in the world. It will give you an idea of why I love it so much! Portland is one of the most ethical sex-positive and feminist cities in the world.
Other EcoFeminist Projects in the Hedonisia Community Portfolio:
- a) Ecosensual.org: Despite all the technology we have, there are still no truly safe and eco-friendly birth control methods in the world today. So we have written a safe, effective, and sensual natural birth control calendar for those who wish to enjoy sex without unwanted pregnancy!
Social Issues Addressed: healthy sexuality, natural birth control, couples therapy, environmentalism, overpopulation, reproductive rights.
- b) EcoFeminist Entrepreneur.com: Learn to create a business to support or advance gender equality through female empowerment rather than victimization.
Social Issues Addressed: female equality through economic empowerment.
- c) NaturalMiscarriage.org: Private and effective natural abortion information for women who wish to have the right to reproductive choice and options. We consider reproductive rights as a sensual project because if a woman is not in control of her fertility she is not sexually equal.
Social Issues Addressed: female empowerment, environmentalism, overpopulation, reproductive rights, female sexuality.
- d) Tantric Ganja.com: A sex-positive marijuana based aphrodisiac that allows both women and men greater control of their sexuality and consent than alcohol.
Social Issues Addressed: Female sexual empowerment, reduction of rape.
- e) WorldArtErotica.com: Virtual Museum of Cultural, Historical Erotic Art and Literature from around the World.
Social Issues Addressed: sexual liberation, multiculturalism, freedom of expression, art therapy, positive cultural or historical sexual teachings.