Portland Sex to Save the World Meetup!
Community Director, Mojo hosts a series of Discussion Groups in Portland, OR, one of the most progressive and sex-positive cities in the US.
Mojo hosts Sex to Save the World discussion groups as part of Sex Positive Portland (SPP), an organization centered around understanding and exploring all aspects of human sexuality, consent, relationship styles, kink, gender, and orientation.
It has been a wonderful success with many intelligent sex positive people showing up for an evening of great conversation.
Upcoming Discussion Groups for 2019 in Portland!
- Sex & Family – SPP Center
- Cougars for World Peace: Intergenerational Dating – To Be Announced
- Military versus Militant Feminism: Women being strong and sex-positive! – TBA
- Monogamy, Polyamory and Gender Equality. – TBA
- Sex Positive Feminism, Political Correctness, and Free Speech. – TBA
- Sexually Incorrect! Gender Politics, Kink, and non-PC fantasies. – TBA
- Sex Positive Birth Control – TBA
- Sex & Travel – The Problems and Pleasures of International Dating – TBA
- Sex & Violence – TBA
Sex Positive Portland is a private meetup to ensure greater privacy and confidentiality for its members. To view upcoming events you must join as a Member.
We offer Student and Military discounts. For those who would like to attend for free, please check out our Volunteer Opportunities.
We charge a small fee of $10 for each discussion group for a number of reasons:
- to help to pay our expenses (snacks, room etc)
- to create a filter for those who wish to intelligently talk about sex in a way that is civil and safe!
Based on experience, a fee attracts those who genuinely wish to learn and discuss rather than loudly opine!
When a discussion group is free and the subject is sex, that can attract characters who wish to impose their opinions on others. This is especially true for women whose voices are often drowned out when the subject is human sexuality.
Past Meetups ARCHIVE: Sex Positive Portland (SPP):
Here are some of our past meetups. Some might be repeated due to popularity! Please let us know if you’d like to have one repeated!
- Sex & the Workplace – SPP Center.
- Ending Slut Shaming – Oct 15, 2018:
- “Tantric Ganja”: Marijuana as a better consent aphrodisiac compared to alcohol – Oct 22, 2018
- “Sex Workers”: Benefits to society for legalized sex work – Nov 5
- EcoSex Entrepreneur: Sex Positive capitalism to address social or environmental issues. Nov 19, 2018
- Sex & Politics! – Jan 9, 2019
- Sex & Religion – Feb 26, 2019
- Sex & Family – Nov 5, 2019